Balearic Beans Blend
Balearic Beans Blend
Our Balearic beans blend is the most modern and euphoric blend we offer.
A blend of naturally processed coffees from mother Ethiopia, and a wildly innovative fruit macerated fermentation Castillo coffee from Colombia. Impeccably sourced and delicately roasted, this is a hands in the air kind of blend.
Look for sweet tea-like qualities with fruity undertones this coffee can be enjoyed with many different brew methods, but it's when served over ice that it's the very definition of blissful.
Lighter roasts and high elevation arabica coffee
FAC(t)01 COFFEE IS A FRUIT
Coffee arrives at our roastery in the form of a dried green seed that once called its home the center of a tropical cherry.
At this stage it is not soluble; green coffee has yet a way to go before becoming a roasted coffee “bean” that we’re able to, upon grinding, dissolve in water.
How we approach the roasting of this seed is dependent on a number of factors. When the ultimate goal is to showcase the innate flavors locked inside the bean then a lighter more delicate roast approach is required.
When using high elevation, high-density green coffee with this roasting approach the flavors achieved are characterized by the origin of the coffee.
Brewing with lighters roasts and higher elevation dense arabica coffees
Brewing coffee is complicated and you should adjust your brewing technique to the roast level of the coffee. When light roasts are brewed perfectly, they can be extraordinary. But when they are bad, they are horrible!
Balearic Beans is light roast so you'd be wise to pay attention when brewing to
1. A longer Brew Ratio 1:16 or 1:17 - the correct brew ratio also depends on your grinders consistency
2. Boiling water, or as hot as possible
3. Soft, Low alkalinity water: Preferable 40-70 TDS
4. More Agitation than usual - aggressive pour, stick or spoon or swirl stick
5. Finer Grind Size than usual. For lighter roasted coffee a top grinder is a must.
6. Suitably aged "fresh" coffee. Lighter roasts need resting time to degas. How long should that rest time be? Min 10 days
Love! This is my daily morning coffee ❤️